In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
Clinicians May Want To Address Emotional Stress to Prevent Overtreatment of Localized Prostate CancerJanuary 30, 2017
Some men with low-risk prostate cancer may opt for more aggressive treatments due to emotional distress.
Using the Kessler nonspecific mental/psychological distress scale, investigators examined whether AYA cancer survivor experienced greater mental distress and assessed their access to mental health care.
Nearly 25% to 33% of family caregivers of patients with advanced cancers report high levels of anxiety and depression symptoms, as well as significant time providing care.
Massage therapy may be promising for reducing the intensity/severity of pain, fatigue, and anxiety in patients with cancer.
Stepped care is effective and reduces recovery time among patients with head and neck cancer or lung cancer and untreated psychological distress.
A recent study examined depression and anxiety among family caregivers of patients with incurable cancer and sought to identify factors linked to these symptoms.
Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT)-related concerns at the time of hospital discharge predict increases in depression but not in anxiety.
A reduction in anxiety scores preoperatively with live or recorded music was observed vs usual care.
Is a comparison guide for common medications used for side-effect management, such as constipation, nausea, anxiety, etc. that includes a cost comparison available?
Music therapy improves anxiety, depression, pain, and fatigue in patients with cancer.
A study evaluating the effectiveness of aromatherapy as a complementary/alternative modality for reducing anxiety in women undergoing CNB was presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 39th Annual Congress.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Patients With Urologic Cancer Need Psycho-oncologic Support to Manage High Stress
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Ceritinib for First-line Treatment of ALK+ NSCLC
- Overall Health Worse in African American Men Undergoing Active Surveillance For Prostate Cancer
- Clinical Benefit of Simtuzumab Inconsistent for Myelofibrosis
- Follow-up Rates in Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer Higher in University-Based vs Safety-Net Hospitals
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|