Researchers have discovered a powerful new antibiotic, teixobactin, using an unusual method.
Researchers conducted a review of controlled trials to assess potential harms related to amoxicillin use.
Earlier study findings that anthracycline- or trastuzumab-based treatment for breast cancer raises the risk for heart failure and cardiomyopathy can be extended to a more general population of women.
What are the benefits of probiotics? Does any particular kind offer more benefits than the others?
An 85% remission rate was noted in a group of patients with acute myeloid leukemia who received the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat in addition to cytarabine and idarubicin.
The IV antimicrobial tigecycline, indicated for the treatment of various infections, targets and destroys leukemia stem cells by cutting off the cell's energy production.
Should patients receive a test dose of bleomycin? If yes, should the test dose be administered with every dose or just the initial dose?
The regulatory protein FoxM1 is essential for the continued growth of medulloblastoma and is significantly and negatively correlated with survival, making it a useful prognostic marker.
A recently FDA-approved treatment and an experimental BRAF inhibitor offer hope to patients with metastatic melanoma.
Treatment-related pain is debilitating for patients. Many medications are not effective, but some techniques can alleviate patients' discomfort.
Prophylactic antibiotics, barrier isolation and air quality control measures can substantially reduce the risk of death in high-risk cancer patients after chemotherapy, a systematic review has shown
- Clinical Trial Shows Vaccine Clears Some Precancerous Cervical Lesions
- Late-Stage Lung Cancer Often Overtreated
- Biomarker May Predict Prognosis for Targeted Therapy in Patients With HER2-Negative Breast Cancer
- New Approach Tackles Hormone Therapy Resistance in Breast Cancer
- Patients With Multiple Myeloma Vulnerable to Financial Toxicity Due to Costly Treatments
- CT Scans for Lung Cancer Result in Low Number of False-Positives
- Artificial Intelligence May Better Predict Response in Breast Cancer Treatment
- Blood Source May Explain Low Numbers of Circulating Tumor Cells in Liquid Biopsies
- Engineered Switch in Immune Cell Technology Makes Therapy More Precise, and Safer
- Testosterone Therapy Does Not Increase Aggressive Prostate Cancer Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|