Researchers have discovered a powerful new antibiotic, teixobactin, using an unusual method.
Researchers conducted a review of controlled trials to assess potential harms related to amoxicillin use.
Earlier study findings that anthracycline- or trastuzumab-based treatment for breast cancer raises the risk for heart failure and cardiomyopathy can be extended to a more general population of women.
What are the benefits of probiotics? Does any particular kind offer more benefits than the others?
An 85% remission rate was noted in a group of patients with acute myeloid leukemia who received the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat in addition to cytarabine and idarubicin.
The IV antimicrobial tigecycline, indicated for the treatment of various infections, targets and destroys leukemia stem cells by cutting off the cell's energy production.
Should patients receive a test dose of bleomycin? If yes, should the test dose be administered with every dose or just the initial dose?
The regulatory protein FoxM1 is essential for the continued growth of medulloblastoma and is significantly and negatively correlated with survival, making it a useful prognostic marker.
A recently FDA-approved treatment and an experimental BRAF inhibitor offer hope to patients with metastatic melanoma.
Treatment-related pain is debilitating for patients. Many medications are not effective, but some techniques can alleviate patients' discomfort.
Prophylactic antibiotics, barrier isolation and air quality control measures can substantially reduce the risk of death in high-risk cancer patients after chemotherapy, a systematic review has shown
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Physical Activity May Reduce Mortality by 44% in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Hormone Receptor Test Results in DCIS Core Needle Biopsy Not Used, Not Needed
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Early Tumor Size Change May Predict OS in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Recently Discovered microRNA Controls Response to Oxaliplatin in Colorectal Cancer
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Daratumumab Combo Improves PFS in Relapsed/Refractory Myeloma
- Poor Compliance to Adjuvant Chemo Linked to Poorer Survival in Rectal Cancer
- Users Support Indoor Tanning Device Age Restrictions, Stronger Health Warnings, But Not Total Ban
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|