Researchers have discovered a powerful new antibiotic, teixobactin, using an unusual method.
Researchers conducted a review of controlled trials to assess potential harms related to amoxicillin use.
Earlier study findings that anthracycline- or trastuzumab-based treatment for breast cancer raises the risk for heart failure and cardiomyopathy can be extended to a more general population of women.
What are the benefits of probiotics? Does any particular kind offer more benefits than the others?
An 85% remission rate was noted in a group of patients with acute myeloid leukemia who received the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat in addition to cytarabine and idarubicin.
The IV antimicrobial tigecycline, indicated for the treatment of various infections, targets and destroys leukemia stem cells by cutting off the cell's energy production.
Should patients receive a test dose of bleomycin? If yes, should the test dose be administered with every dose or just the initial dose?
The regulatory protein FoxM1 is essential for the continued growth of medulloblastoma and is significantly and negatively correlated with survival, making it a useful prognostic marker.
A recently FDA-approved treatment and an experimental BRAF inhibitor offer hope to patients with metastatic melanoma.
Treatment-related pain is debilitating for patients. Many medications are not effective, but some techniques can alleviate patients' discomfort.
Prophylactic antibiotics, barrier isolation and air quality control measures can substantially reduce the risk of death in high-risk cancer patients after chemotherapy, a systematic review has shown
- Genetic Testing for Hereditary Cancer Syndromes (Fact Sheet)
- Sweeping prostate cancer review upends widely held belief on radiation after surgery
- Survival longer in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with low tumor metabolic activity
- Statin use inversely linked to risk of pancreatic cancer
- 'Lean Six Sigma' Approach Raises Call Light Responsiveness Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Study finds $1 test using gold nanoparticles outperforms PSA screen for prostate cancer
- Persistent swollen neck glands could be suspicious for cancer
- Brachytherapy decreases risk of prostate cancer five-year recurrence
- Visiting the same primary care physician may delay cancer diagnosis
- No association is seen between reproductive history or hormone use and lung cancer risk in women
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|