Researchers have discovered a powerful new antibiotic, teixobactin, using an unusual method.
Researchers conducted a review of controlled trials to assess potential harms related to amoxicillin use.
Earlier study findings that anthracycline- or trastuzumab-based treatment for breast cancer raises the risk for heart failure and cardiomyopathy can be extended to a more general population of women.
What are the benefits of probiotics? Does any particular kind offer more benefits than the others?
An 85% remission rate was noted in a group of patients with acute myeloid leukemia who received the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat in addition to cytarabine and idarubicin.
The IV antimicrobial tigecycline, indicated for the treatment of various infections, targets and destroys leukemia stem cells by cutting off the cell's energy production.
Should patients receive a test dose of bleomycin? If yes, should the test dose be administered with every dose or just the initial dose?
The regulatory protein FoxM1 is essential for the continued growth of medulloblastoma and is significantly and negatively correlated with survival, making it a useful prognostic marker.
A recently FDA-approved treatment and an experimental BRAF inhibitor offer hope to patients with metastatic melanoma.
Treatment-related pain is debilitating for patients. Many medications are not effective, but some techniques can alleviate patients' discomfort.
Prophylactic antibiotics, barrier isolation and air quality control measures can substantially reduce the risk of death in high-risk cancer patients after chemotherapy, a systematic review has shown
- Risk of thyroid cancer increases after a breast cancer diagnosis
- Childhood leukemia study reveals disease subtypes and new treatment options
- Chemotherapy before breast cancer surgery increases likelihood of breast-preserving procedure
- Effective management of dietary cholesterol may prevent metastasis in patients with prostate cancer
- Leafy green vegetables may slow mental deterioration
- Treatment guidelines for pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma issued by the International Lymphoma Radiation Oncology Group (ILROG)
- Joint statement offers new recommendations for treating cardiovascular conditions
- Physicians who review patients' meds more likely to achieve health goals
- Patients expect more information regarding radiation-related tests
- Prevalence of childhood cancer survivors increasing
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|