Managing anemia in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) is complex. When are erythroid growth factors used as primary treatment?
In following patients with anemia, what do the lab values for iron, ferritin, transferrin, and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) tell me?
Adding the ESA epoetin alfa to the chemotherapy regimen for high-risk breast cancer improved hemoglobin levels for patients, but it also resulted in increased thrombosis.
Chemotherapy-induced nerve injury in the bone marrow is what impairs the regeneration of hematopoietic stem cells, leading to anemia.
Abiraterone markedly prolongs survival in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that has progressed after docetaxel therapy.
Cisplatin binds 20-fold more pervasively to RNA than to DNA, making RNA a potential new drug target for the platinum compound, which is used to fight tumors in nearly 70% of cancers.
Recent study results suggest that a targeted immunotherapy based on a poxvirus may make chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer more effective and slow disease progression.
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
As many as 1 in 5 people risk developing a venous thromboembolism (VTE) within a year after undergoing treatment for some types of cancers, researchers reported.
The advisor forum answers questions about anemia, nurse navigators, chemotherapy-associated rashes, and more.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
- The Bounty of Failure: A Well-Versed Nursing Experience
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|