Managing anemia in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) is complex. When are erythroid growth factors used as primary treatment?
In following patients with anemia, what do the lab values for iron, ferritin, transferrin, and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) tell me?
Adding the ESA epoetin alfa to the chemotherapy regimen for high-risk breast cancer improved hemoglobin levels for patients, but it also resulted in increased thrombosis.
Chemotherapy-induced nerve injury in the bone marrow is what impairs the regeneration of hematopoietic stem cells, leading to anemia.
Abiraterone markedly prolongs survival in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that has progressed after docetaxel therapy.
Cisplatin binds 20-fold more pervasively to RNA than to DNA, making RNA a potential new drug target for the platinum compound, which is used to fight tumors in nearly 70% of cancers.
Recent study results suggest that a targeted immunotherapy based on a poxvirus may make chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer more effective and slow disease progression.
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
As many as 1 in 5 people risk developing a venous thromboembolism (VTE) within a year after undergoing treatment for some types of cancers, researchers reported.
The advisor forum answers questions about anemia, nurse navigators, chemotherapy-associated rashes, and more.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including Informal Caregivers of Elderly in Discharge Process Reduces Readmission Risk
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- CQGS Releases Standards for Surgical Care of Older Adults
- Radiation Protocol Deviations Linked to Worse Outcomes in Pediatric Brain Malignancy
- Use of Counseling, Surgery Rates Show Limited Physician Knowledge of Breast Cancer Genetic Testing
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|