This fact sheet examines possible links between human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and cancer.
The top reasons for not initiating HPV vaccination are necessity, safety, and knowledge, rather than a lack of discussions on sexuality.
Clinical trial results are promising for the use of nivolumab to treat squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal, according to data presented at the 2016 American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting.
Anal cancer is associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, and some women are at increased likelihood of have both diseases.
Human papillomavirus type 16 seropositivity is fairly common before an anal cancer diagnosis, according to a study, and seropositivity tends to increase in blood samples drawn closer to time of cancer diagnosis.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 (HPV16) seropositivity is relatively common in people prior to receiving a diagnosis of anal cancer.
High incidence compared to general population, especially for men who have sex with men.
Colostomy-free survival not improved in patients with locally advanced anal canal carcinoma.
Compared with the general population, recipients of a kidney, liver, heart, or lung transplant have twice as great a risk for diverse infection-related and unrelated cancers.
A quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine to prevent anal cancer was shown to be safe and effective in a trial of healthy men who have sex with men.
A novel chemoradiation regimen for the treatment of anal cancer is proven to have fewer significant side effects than conventional therapy.
The FDA has approved the vaccine Gardasil for the prevention of anal cancer and associated precancerous lesions caused by HPV for males and females aged 9 through 26 years.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Breast Implants Associated With Increased Risk of Breast Anaplastic Large-cell Lymphoma
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|