The top reasons for not initiating HPV vaccination are necessity, safety, and knowledge, rather than a lack of discussions on sexuality.
Clinical trial results are promising for the use of nivolumab to treat squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal, according to data presented at the 2016 American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting.
Anal cancer is associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, and some women are at increased likelihood of have both diseases.
Human papillomavirus type 16 seropositivity is fairly common before an anal cancer diagnosis, according to a study, and seropositivity tends to increase in blood samples drawn closer to time of cancer diagnosis.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 (HPV16) seropositivity is relatively common in people prior to receiving a diagnosis of anal cancer.
High incidence compared to general population, especially for men who have sex with men.
Colostomy-free survival not improved in patients with locally advanced anal canal carcinoma.
Compared with the general population, recipients of a kidney, liver, heart, or lung transplant have twice as great a risk for diverse infection-related and unrelated cancers.
A quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine to prevent anal cancer was shown to be safe and effective in a trial of healthy men who have sex with men.
A novel chemoradiation regimen for the treatment of anal cancer is proven to have fewer significant side effects than conventional therapy.
The FDA has approved the vaccine Gardasil for the prevention of anal cancer and associated precancerous lesions caused by HPV for males and females aged 9 through 26 years.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|