Generic Name and Formulations:
Florbetapir F 18 [500-1900MBq/mL (13.5-51mCi/mL) at End of Synthesis (EOS)]; soln for IV inj.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for AMYVID:
For PET imaging of the brain to estimate β-amyloid neuritic plaque density in adults with cognitive impairment who are being evaluated for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and other causes of cognitive decline. As an adjunct to other diagnostic evaluations. Limitations of use: a positive Amyvid scan does not establish a diagnosis of AD or other cognitive disorder. Safety and efficacy not established for predicting development of dementia or other neurologic conditions; or for monitoring responses to therapies.
See full labeling. Give 370MBq (10mCi), max 50μg mass dose, as a single IV bolus dose in a total volume of ≤10mL, then follow with a sterile NaCl 0.9% IV flush. Starting 30–50mins after IV inj, acquire a 10-min PET image. The radiation absorbed dose from 370MBq (10mCi) dose is 7mSv.
Risk of radiation exposure. Should only be used by trained and experienced physicians in the safe use and handling of radioactive materials to minimize radiation exposure. Risk of image misinterpretation and other errors. Perform image interpretation independently of patient's clinical information. Pregnancy (Cat.C.); assess status in females of reproductive potential prior to therapy. Nursing mothers: not recommended, or temporarily interrupt for 24hrs after Amyvid exposure.
Radioactive diagnostic agent.
Headache, musculoskeletal pain, increased BP, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions.
Multi-dose vials (10mL, 30mL, 50mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|