Generic Name and Formulations:
Dalfampridine 10mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for AMPYRA:
To improve walking in patients with multiple sclerosis (demonstrated by an increase in walking speed).
Swallow whole. ≥18yrs: max 10mg every 12hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
History of seizures. Moderate to severe renal impairment (CrCl ≤50mL/min). Previous allergies to 4-aminopyridine.
Assess renal function before initiation; monitor at least annually. Mild renal impairment (CrCl 51–80mL/min): increased risk of seizures. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of anaphylaxis occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Discontinue other forms of 4-aminopyridine prior to initiating. Concomitant OCT2 inhibitors (eg, cimetidine) may potentiate the risk of seizures.
Potassium channel blocker.
UTI, insomnia, dizziness, headache, nausea, asthenia, back pain, balance disorder, MS relapse, paresthesia, nasopharyngitis, constipation, dyspepsia, throat pain; seizures (possible at higher doses), severe allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|