The use of emetine dihydrochloride, an active ingredient in ipecac syrup, alone or with cisplatin therapy inhibited proliferation of bladder tumor cells in a recent study.
Review shows significant reductions in anxiety, depression, pain; improved QoL during treatment
Oncology nurses should consider using active leptospermum honey in treating patients with cancer with clinically complex or chronic wounds, found research presented at the ONS 38th Annual Congress.
Genistein-combined polysaccharide, a natural and nontoxic product available in health food stores, could help lengthen life expectancy for patients with prostate cancer.
Case vignette highlights issues relating to smoking marijuana when conventional treatment has failed.
Clinical Trial: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction or General Health Education in Improving Immune Response to Human Papillomavirus in Patients With Cervical DysplasiaMay 29, 2012
The variety of options available to help patients manage their pain can improve quality of life during and after cancer treatment.
Cancer patients may wish to explore acupuncture or other integrative care options. The following article details several options and provides related resources.
Meditation can help relieve stress in cancer patients. The following article details several types of meditation and includes related clinical trials.
Deep breathing and meditation can help cancer patients relieve stress. This fact sheet reviews a number of relaxation techniques that patients can use.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) showed a trend toward improving psychological outcomes by reducing mood disturbance in women who had survived early-stage breast cancer.
The ancient Eastern medicinal art can relieve one of the most distressing effects of cancer and cancer treatment: fatigue.
An incentive spirometer was the inspiration for a video game to help young cancer patients rebuild lung function.
When surgery or radiation therapy cannot be used to remove the common precancerous skin lesion lentigo maligna, carbon dioxide laser ablation may be a useful alternative.
The author introduces The Annie Appleseed Project and previews its upcoming annual meeting.
Freezing techniques may improve survival rates in patients with breast cancer more than surgery can, according to researchers from the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Likelihood of lung cancer screening update
- Universal health literacy precautions recommended to assist patient understanding
- Generic meds may boost survival in some early breast cancers
- In breast cancer survivors, lidocaine may relieve pain during intercourse
- Bortezomib-based vs non-bortezomib-based post-transplantation treatment in multiple myeloma patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of Phase III randomized controlled trials
- St. John's wort: natural does not necessarily mean safe
- No association between opioids, breast cancer recurrence
- Researchers, providers need to address cancer health care disparities in LGBTQ community
- New combination could make cancer more sensitive to chemotherapy
- New approach to treating B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia shows promise
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|