The use of emetine dihydrochloride, an active ingredient in ipecac syrup, alone or with cisplatin therapy inhibited proliferation of bladder tumor cells in a recent study.
Review shows significant reductions in anxiety, depression, pain; improved QoL during treatment
Oncology nurses should consider using active leptospermum honey in treating patients with cancer with clinically complex or chronic wounds, found research presented at the ONS 38th Annual Congress.
Genistein-combined polysaccharide, a natural and nontoxic product available in health food stores, could help lengthen life expectancy for patients with prostate cancer.
Case vignette highlights issues relating to smoking marijuana when conventional treatment has failed.
Clinical Trial: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction or General Health Education in Improving Immune Response to Human Papillomavirus in Patients With Cervical DysplasiaMay 29, 2012
The variety of options available to help patients manage their pain can improve quality of life during and after cancer treatment.
Cancer patients may wish to explore acupuncture or other integrative care options. The following article details several options and provides related resources.
Meditation can help relieve stress in cancer patients. The following article details several types of meditation and includes related clinical trials.
Deep breathing and meditation can help cancer patients relieve stress. This fact sheet reviews a number of relaxation techniques that patients can use.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) showed a trend toward improving psychological outcomes by reducing mood disturbance in women who had survived early-stage breast cancer.
The ancient Eastern medicinal art can relieve one of the most distressing effects of cancer and cancer treatment: fatigue.
An incentive spirometer was the inspiration for a video game to help young cancer patients rebuild lung function.
When surgery or radiation therapy cannot be used to remove the common precancerous skin lesion lentigo maligna, carbon dioxide laser ablation may be a useful alternative.
The author introduces The Annie Appleseed Project and previews its upcoming annual meeting.
Freezing techniques may improve survival rates in patients with breast cancer more than surgery can, according to researchers from the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|