Generic Name and Formulations:
Naproxen sodium 220mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs; contains sodium 22mg/caplet.
Indications for ALEVE-D:
Nasal congestion, sinus pressure, headache, fever, minor aches and pains.
Swallow whole. Take with fluids. 1 caplet every 12hrs. Max 2 caplets/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Dehydration. Diabetes. GU obstruction. Reevaluate if nasal congestion worsens or lasts >7 days or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications). β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. May potentiate anticoagulants, CNS stimulants. Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
NSAID (arylacetic acid deriv.) + sympathomimetic.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia; GI upset/bleed, feel faint, rash, redness, difficulty swallowing, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, chest pain, weakness, slurred speech, leg swelling), allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|