Generic Name and Formulations:
Alectinib 150mg; caps.
Indications for ALECENSA:
Treatment of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive, metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Swallow whole. Take with food. 600mg twice daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications or dose reduction schedule: see full labeling.
Monitor liver function tests (eg, ALT, AST, total bilirubin) every 2 weeks for the first 3 months, then monthly and as clinically indicated; test more frequently if transaminase and bilirubin elevated; withhold, resume at reduced dose, or permanently discontinue based on severity. Evaluate if presence of worsening respiratory symptoms; withhold if ILD/pneumonitis diagnosed; permanently discontinue if no other cause identified. Withhold for Grade 3 renal toxicity until recovery to ≤1.5×ULN, then resume at reduced dose; permanently discontinue if Grade 4 occurs. Monitor HR, BP regularly. If non-life-threatening symptomatic bradycardia occurs, withhold until asymptomatic or HR ≥60bpm; permanently discontinue in case(s) of recurrence or life-threatening bradycardia if no contributing concomitant medication identified. Assess CPK every 2 weeks for the first month and as clinically indicated; withhold, resume, or reduce dose based on severity. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy: avoid. Use effective contraception during and for 1 week (females) or 3 months (males) after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 week after final dose).
Increased bradycardia with concomitant antihypertensives or other drugs known to cause bradycardia.
Fatigue, constipation, edema, myalgia, anemia; hepatotoxicity, ILD/pneumonitis, renal impairment, bradycardia, CPK elevation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|