Generic Name and Formulations:
Laronidase 0.58mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for ALDURAZYME:
For the treatment of Hurler and Hurler-Scheie forms of Mucopolysaccharidosis I (MPS I) and for patients with the Scheie form who have moderate to severe symptoms.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. ≥6 months: Pretreat with antipyretics and/or antihistamines 60mins prior to starting infusion. Give by IV infusion over 3–4hrs. Initial infusion rate: 10mcg/kg/hr, may be increased every 15min during the 1st hour, as tolerated, until max rate of 200mcg/kg/hr which is maintained for the remainder of infusion (2–3hrs). 0.58mg/kg once weekly.
Discontinue immediately if severe anaphylactic or allergic reactions develop; have appropriate medical support measures available. Compromised respiratory function or acute respiratory disease: increased risk of infusion-related reactions. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human alpha-L-iduronidase enzyme.
Rash, upper respiratory tract infection, inj site reaction, hyperreflexia, paresthesia, flushing, poor venous access, pyrexia, chills, increased BP, tachycardia, decreased oxygen saturation.
Visit www.MPSIregistry.com or call (800) 745-4447 to enroll pregnant women with MPS I.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|