Researchers identified a cancer-causing gene triggered by alcohol use, providing a link between alcohol and breast cancer in cell-based research.
For women, alcohol consumption of 5 to 14.9 g/day linked to increased risk of alcohol-related cancers.
Large study explored the association between light to moderate drinking and increased risk for cancer.
Moderate to heavy drinking might cut the likelihood of disability for people with chronic widespread pain.
Smoking and alcohol consumption are risk factors for use of a gastrostomy tube in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (SCC).
Previous studies linking moderate alcohol consumption to health benefits may have omitted some important details, according to British researchers.
Drinking more than two alcoholic beverages daily in middle-age may risk your stroke risk.
Drinking up to seven alcoholic drinks per week is associated with 20% decreased risk for developing heart failure in men.
Six people die each day from alcohol poisoning or 2,221 people per year in the United States.
In nursing students, dangerous drinking is prevalent, and more problem drinking among younger students and smokers.
Synergistic effect of alcohol and tobacco almost doubles the risk of developing esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, according to research.
This fact sheet reviews types of alcoholic drinks, the evidence linking alcohol consumption to cancer, the effects of alcohol when combined with tobacco, and notes possible beneficial effects of alcohol.
Drinking alcohol between menarche and first pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer and proliferative benign breast disease (BBD).
Meta-analysis shows that risk from former drinking diminishes in 16.5 years.
Folate intake does not provide a protective effect for alcohol-associated benign breast disease.
A report from the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements presents conclusions and recommendations regarding radiotherapy risks.
Robotic surgery done through the mouth is effective for squamous cell carcinoma of the throat, particularly in patients with human papillomavirus.
Key studies presented at the 2011 Oncology Congress focus on treatments, prevention, and early diagnosis of GI tract cancers.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research has taken issue with the contention that guidelines for alcohol consumption are inadequate for cancer prevention.
An analysis published online by CMAJ charges that current guidelines for alcohol consumption are inadequate for cancer prevention and that new international guidelines are needed.
Consuming three or more glasses of liquor per day may raise the risk of pancreatic cancer, but even heavier drinking (seven or more alcoholic beverages per day) has been exonerated as a factor in two forms of esophageal cancer.
Breast cancer cells that are resistant to rapamycin alone may have a better response when the agent is combined with resveratrol, a polyphenol found in grapes and a constituent of red wine.
The patient's symptoms suggested a hypopharyngeal tumor, but imaging studies showed the mass in an unexpected location.
The author offers suggestions on how patients with cancer can maintain proper nutrition.
Patients who follow specific diet and lifestyle recommendations can reduce their risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Alcohol consumption is associated with increased risk of breast cancer recurrence, especially in women who are postmenopausal or overweight, according to a study presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Drinking a pint of beer, a large glass of wine or a couple of measures of spirits a day increases the risk of liver and bowel cancer by a fifth, according to researchers.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|