Researchers identified a cancer-causing gene triggered by alcohol use, providing a link between alcohol and breast cancer in cell-based research.
For women, alcohol consumption of 5 to 14.9 g/day linked to increased risk of alcohol-related cancers.
Large study explored the association between light to moderate drinking and increased risk for cancer.
Moderate to heavy drinking might cut the likelihood of disability for people with chronic widespread pain.
Smoking and alcohol consumption are risk factors for use of a gastrostomy tube in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (SCC).
Previous studies linking moderate alcohol consumption to health benefits may have omitted some important details, according to British researchers.
Drinking more than two alcoholic beverages daily in middle-age may risk your stroke risk.
Drinking up to seven alcoholic drinks per week is associated with 20% decreased risk for developing heart failure in men.
Six people die each day from alcohol poisoning or 2,221 people per year in the United States.
In nursing students, dangerous drinking is prevalent, and more problem drinking among younger students and smokers.
Synergistic effect of alcohol and tobacco almost doubles the risk of developing esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, according to research.
This fact sheet reviews types of alcoholic drinks, the evidence linking alcohol consumption to cancer, the effects of alcohol when combined with tobacco, and notes possible beneficial effects of alcohol.
Drinking alcohol between menarche and first pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer and proliferative benign breast disease (BBD).
Meta-analysis shows that risk from former drinking diminishes in 16.5 years.
Folate intake does not provide a protective effect for alcohol-associated benign breast disease.
A report from the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements presents conclusions and recommendations regarding radiotherapy risks.
Robotic surgery done through the mouth is effective for squamous cell carcinoma of the throat, particularly in patients with human papillomavirus.
Key studies presented at the 2011 Oncology Congress focus on treatments, prevention, and early diagnosis of GI tract cancers.
The International Scientific Forum on Alcohol Research has taken issue with the contention that guidelines for alcohol consumption are inadequate for cancer prevention.
An analysis published online by CMAJ charges that current guidelines for alcohol consumption are inadequate for cancer prevention and that new international guidelines are needed.
Consuming three or more glasses of liquor per day may raise the risk of pancreatic cancer, but even heavier drinking (seven or more alcoholic beverages per day) has been exonerated as a factor in two forms of esophageal cancer.
Breast cancer cells that are resistant to rapamycin alone may have a better response when the agent is combined with resveratrol, a polyphenol found in grapes and a constituent of red wine.
The patient's symptoms suggested a hypopharyngeal tumor, but imaging studies showed the mass in an unexpected location.
The author offers suggestions on how patients with cancer can maintain proper nutrition.
Patients who follow specific diet and lifestyle recommendations can reduce their risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Alcohol consumption is associated with increased risk of breast cancer recurrence, especially in women who are postmenopausal or overweight, according to a study presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Drinking a pint of beer, a large glass of wine or a couple of measures of spirits a day increases the risk of liver and bowel cancer by a fifth, according to researchers.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Metronomic Chemotherapy: Improved Tumor Blood Supply Leads to Better Treatment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|