Generic Name and Formulations:
Tirofiban (as HCl monohydrate) 50mcg/mL; per bag or vial; soln for IV infusion; 250mcg/mL; per vial; soln for IV bolus.
Medicure Pharma, Inc.
Indications for AGGRASTAT:
To reduce the rate of thrombotic cardiovascular events (combined endpoint of death, MI, or refractory ischemia/repeat cardiac procedure) in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome.
May give bolus dose via a syringe or IV pump. Administer 25mcg/kg intravenously within 5mins and then 0.15mcg/kg/min via IV infusion pump for up to 18hrs. Renal impairment (CrCl ≤60mL/min): 25mcg/kg intravenously within 5mins and then 0.075mcg/kg/min for up to 18hrs.
Within previous 30 days: active internal bleeding, bleeding diathesis, major surgery, or severe physical trauma. History of thrombocytopenia after previous tirofiban therapy.
Monitor platelet counts 6hrs after initiation and daily thereafter. If platelet decreases to <90,000/mm3, monitor to exclude pseudothrombocytopenia. Discontinue tirofiban (and heparin) if thrombocytopenia confirmed. Previous exposure to a GP IIb/IIIa blocker may increase risk of thrombocytopenia. Minimize other arterial and venous punctures, IM injections, catheter use, nasotracheal intubation to lower bleeding risk. Severe renal insufficiency. Hemodialysis. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, anticoagulants, antiplatelets.
Bleeding (may be fatal), pelvic pain, bradycardia, coronary artery dissection; thrombocytopenia, anaphylaxis.
Premixed bag (100mL, 250mL)—1; Premixed vial (100mL)—1; Premixed bolus vial (15mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|