ADVIL ALLERGY SINUS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 200mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; coated-caplets.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL ALLERGY SINUS:
Nasal congestion, sinus pressure, rhinorrhea, headache, minor aches and pains, fever.
Take with food. 1 caplet every 4–6hrs; max 6 caplets/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Respiratory disorders (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Reevaluate if fever persists or worsens >3 days or nasal congestion lasts >7 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Caution with diuretics. Avoid aspirin, pseudoephedrine- or chlorpheniramine-containing products, or other pain relievers, nasal decongestants, antihistamines. Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAIDs, ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use.
NSAID + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|