Generic Name and Formulations:
Phentermine HCl 37.5mg; caps; scored tabs.
Indications for ADIPEX-P:
Short-term monotherapy as adjunct in management of exogenous obesity in patients with initial body mass ≥30kg/m2, or ≥27kg/m2 in presence of other risk factors.
>16yrs: 37.5mg once daily before or 1–2 hrs after breakfast, or 18.75mg 1–2 times daily. Avoid late evening dosing.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Arteriosclerosis. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitation. Drug or alcohol abuse. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Discontinue if dyspnea, angina pectoris, syncope, lower extremity edema or other symptoms of primary pulmonary hypertension occur. Discontinue after a few weeks as tolerance to anorectic effect occurs. Diabetes. Prescribe limited supply to prevent overdose. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Concomitant SSRIs: not recommended. Avoid alcohol. Blocks guanethidine. Monitor antidiabetic agents. Possible risk of valvular heart disease with fenfluramine.
CNS overstimulation, dizziness, palpitations, arrhythmias, hypertension, psychosis, dry mouth, GI disturbances, urticaria, impotence, primary pulmonary hypertension, and/or regurgitant cardiac valvular disease.
Caps—100; Tabs—100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|