Generic Name and Formulations:
Adenosine 3mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for ADENOCARD:
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT), including that associated with accessory bypass tracts (Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome).
Give peripherally by rapid bolus either directly into vein or through IV line (followed by saline flush) over 1–2 seconds. Initially 6mg; if no result within 1–2 mins, may give 12mg; may repeat a second 12mg dose if needed. Max 12mg/dose.
<50kg: Give centrally or peripherally by rapid IV bolus, followed by saline flush. Initially 0.05–0.1mg/kg; if no conversion of PSVT within 1–2 mins, may give incrementally higher doses, increasing the amount by 0.05–0.1mg/kg. Continue until sinus rhythm is established, or max single dose of 0.3mg/kg is used. ≥50kg: as adult.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block, sick sinus syndrome, unless paced.
Attempt vagal maneuvers, when clinically advisable, before administration. Discontinue if high-level heart block occurs. Avoid in asthma. Obstructive lung disease (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Discontinue if severe respiratory difficulties occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant digoxin +/– verapamil may cause ventricular fibrillation. Potentiated by dipyridamole. Antagonized by methylxanthines (eg, caffeine, theophylline). Carbamazepine may increase degree of heart block.
Facial flushing, dyspnea, chest pressure, nausea, headache, lightheadedness, numbness, arrhythmias at time of conversion; rare: ventricular fibrillation.
Prefilled syringes (2mL, 4mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|