Generic Name and Formulations:
Corticorelin ovine (as the trifluoroacetate) 100mcg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ACTHREL:
For use in differentiating pituitary and ectopic production of ACTH in patients with ACTH-dependent Cushings syndrome.
Adults and Children:
Testing pituitary corticotrophin function: 1mcg/kg IV as a single dose. ACTH and cortisol response prolonged and remain elevated for up to 2 hours. Doses >1mcg/kg: not recommended. If repeat test needed, do tests at the same time of day as original test.
Higher doses associated with transient tachycardia, decreased BP, loss of consciousness, and asystole; symptoms may be reduced if given as a 30 second IV infusion instead of bolus inj. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Plasma ACTH response inhibited by dexamethasone. Heparin to maintain IV cannula patency: not recommended.
Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) analogue.
Flushing of the face, neck, upper chest; tachycardia, hypotension, dyspnea, chest compression or tightness with higher doses.
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|