Generic Name and Formulations:
Zafirlukast 10mg, 20mg; tabs.
Indications for ACCOLATE:
Prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma.
Take 1hr before or 2hrs after meals. 20mg twice daily.
Take 1hr before or 2hrs after meals. <5yrs: not recommended. 5–11yrs: 10mg twice daily.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack. Discontinue if clinical symptoms of liver dysfunction occur; do not resume if confirmed by lab results. Caution when withdrawing from oral steroids. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates warfarin (monitor PT and adjust warfarin dose). Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 (eg, tolbutamide, phenytoin, carbamazepine) or CYP3A4 (eg, dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers, cyclosporine, cisapride). Zafirlukast plasma levels reduced by erythromycin, theophylline. Zafirlukast plasma levels increased by aspirin. May increase theophylline levels.
Leukotriene receptor antagonist.
Headache, infection, GI upset, pain, fever; neuropsychiatric events (eg, insomnia, depression); rarely, hepatic dysfunction (esp. in females), agranulocytosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|