Generic Name and Formulations:
Zafirlukast 10mg, 20mg; tabs.
Indications for ACCOLATE:
Prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma.
Take 1hr before or 2hrs after meals. 20mg twice daily.
Take 1hr before or 2hrs after meals. <5yrs: not recommended. 5–11yrs: 10mg twice daily.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack. Discontinue if clinical symptoms of liver dysfunction occur; do not resume if confirmed by lab results. Caution when withdrawing from oral steroids. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates warfarin (monitor PT and adjust warfarin dose). Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 (eg, tolbutamide, phenytoin, carbamazepine) or CYP3A4 (eg, dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers, cyclosporine, cisapride). Zafirlukast plasma levels reduced by erythromycin, theophylline. Zafirlukast plasma levels increased by aspirin. May increase theophylline levels.
Leukotriene receptor antagonist.
Headache, infection, GI upset, pain, fever; neuropsychiatric events (eg, insomnia, depression); rarely, hepatic dysfunction (esp. in females), agranulocytosis.
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|