Effective weight management can enhance cancer treatment, improve patient outcomes, and reduce incidence of recurrence and mortality. As with encouraging smoking cessation, oncologists should talk to patients about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
Women with HER2-positive breast cancer who had higher levels of immune cells in their tumors showed a lower risk of cancer recurrence after treatment with chemotherapy alone.
In women with aromatase inhibitor-resistant, advanced or metastatic breast cancer positive for both estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR), adding pictilisib (previously GDC-0941) to the endocrine therapeutic fulvestrant increased survival.
Among premenopausal women with early stage, HR-positive breast cancer, the addition of ovarian suppression to tamoxifen reduced breast cancer recurrence.
Long-term survival rates following laparoscopic surgery for bladder cancer are comparable to those of open surgery, according to recent study data.
A recent meta-analysis demonstrated an association between aspirin and a reduced risk of prostate cancer.
Anal cancer is preventable with the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine and other lifestyle modifications, according to a review in Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ).
This fact sheet explores the relationship between use of hair coloring products and possible cancer risk.
This fact sheet examines the relationship between oral contraception and risk of breast, ovarian, endometrial, liver, and cervical cancers.
News from Cancer Therapy Advisor
News from MPR
Ann J. Brady, MSN, RN-BC
Jiajoyce Conway, DNP, FNP-BC, AOCNP, NP-C
Frank dela Rama, RN, MS, AOCNS
Marianne Davies, DNP, ACNP, AOCNP
Donald R. Fleming, MD
Karen MacDonald, RN, BSN, CPON
Susanne Menon, MP, OCN
Leah A. Scaramuzzo, MSN, RN-BC, AOCN
Lisa A. Thompson, PharmD, BCOP
Rosemarie A. Tucci, RN, MSN, AOCN
- Key discovery in understanding successes and failures of immunotherapy
- Researchers identify biological indicator of response to new ovarian cancer drug
- Managing obesity should be part of cancer care
- Galeterone active in one form of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Reducing side effects of everolimus administration
- Navigation and survivorship: Rationalizing your program costs
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
- Comparison of medications for managing nausea and vomiting
- Comparison of constipation management medications
- Chemo- and immunotherapy combination is a promising treatment for pancreatic cancer
- High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- For bladder cancer, laparoscopic radical cystectomy effective at preventing recurrence
- Aspirin and/or NSAID use may improve risk of high-grade prostate cancer
- Modifying lifestyle, HPV vaccine can help prevent anal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|