Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques can help patients with cancer turn their negative thoughts into positive attitudes, as well as find meaning and purpose to their life.
Cancer research relies of patients with cancer to participate in clinical trials. However, many patients cite various fears and misconceptions — some supported by physicians - as reasons for why they decline to participate in clinical trials.
Chemotherapy agents are sometimes required to be administered in a specific sequence. What factors influence the need to follow a specific sequence?
What factors should be considered when calculating an adequate postmedication flush to deliver complete, accurate doses of small-volume IV medications to our patients?
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
During the summer, many patients with CML who are taking oral chemotherapy drugs have questions about taking their drugs while traveling. What advice can we give them regarding this?
What is the new drug called Empliciti and how does it differ from other drugs used to treat multiple myeloma?
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Why do the antibody drugs have such long names?
How do you define being an oncology nurse? Read what your colleagues have to say, then send us your perspective.
Patients periodically ask about the use of marijuana in cancer treatment. Is there any data about this?
How can accidental exposure/leaks when handling chemotherapy drugs that incompatible with the closed system device (CSD) be prevented?
Water fluoridation began in the United States in 1945, and possible connections between cancer and fluoridation have been debated since.
This fact sheet explains investigational drugs and the process by which cancer patients may obtain them.
News from Cancer Therapy Advisor
Dosage Adjustment to Increase Plasma Trough Levels Requires Investigation for Treatment of RCC and Sarcoma
News from MPR
Ann J. Brady, MSN, RN-BC
Jiajoyce Conway, DNP, FNP-BC, AOCNP, NP-C
Frank dela Rama, RN, MS, AOCNS
Marianne Davies, DNP, ACNP, AOCNP
Donald R. Fleming, MD
Karen MacDonald, RN, BSN, CPON
Susanne Menon, MP, OCN
Leah A. Scaramuzzo, MSN, RN-BC, AOCN
Lisa A. Thompson, PharmD, BCOP
Rosemarie A. Tucci, RN, MSN, AOCN
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|