Molecular tests are poised to become a part of the treatment guidelines for prostate cancer. These tests provide information that extends beyond just identifying the type of cancer a patient has; they can also help narrow down treatment options to those that offer the best outcomes for patients.
Patients with non-small lung cancer (NSCLC) that received postoperative radiation therapy (PORT) lived an average of 4 months longer, when compared with patients who had the same disease progression and treatment criteria.
Less than 20 percent of top-ranked health sites advise against screening for prostate cancer, a recommendation made by the USPSTF.
Circulating tumor cells can be detected well before the cancer becomes detectable on computed tomography (CT), according to new research, opening the possibility of early eradication of the primary cancer site.
Research indicates smoking cessation boosts survival, even if there has been a weight gain.
Active surveillance allows men with prostate cancer to delay or avoid the side effects of its treatment as well.
Patients treated for central nervous system (CNS) cancer during childhood or adolescence can display altered self-perception later in adulthood.
This fact sheet examines the relationship between oral contraception and risk of breast, ovarian, endometrial, liver, and cervical cancers.
This fact sheet examines the role of physical activity and exercise in cancer prevention and cancer survivorship.
News from Cancer Therapy Advisor
News from MPR
Ann J. Brady, MSN, RN-BC
Jiajoyce Conway, DNP, FNP-BC, AOCNP, NP-C
Frank dela Rama, RN, MS, AOCNS
Marianne Davies, DNP, ACNP, AOCNP
Donald R. Fleming, MD
Karen MacDonald, RN, BSN, CPON
Susanne Menon, MP, OCN
Leah A. Scaramuzzo, MSN, RN-BC, AOCN
Lisa A. Thompson, PharmD, BCOP
Rosemarie A. Tucci, RN, MSN, AOCN
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Large-volume IM injections: A review of best practices
- Hospice versus palliative care: Understanding the distinction
- Prevention and management of hand-foot syndromes
- Benefits and risks of parenteral nutrition in patients with cancer
- The role of the radiation oncology nurse: Being the best that you can be
- A New Era is Coming up in the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Early palliative care can cut hospital readmissions for cancer patients
- ONA Interview: Breaking the barriers to effective palliative care
- Fluorescent tattoos may improve self-esteem in patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer
- Cancer prehabilitation: One step toward improved outcomes
- Most internet sites on prostate cancer disagree with expert panel's recommendations
- Circulating tumor cells can reveal cancer sooner than imaging tests
- Preventative therapies for healthy women at high risk of breast cancer
- Postoperative radiation therapy improves overall survival in resected NSCLC
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) effective for inoperable early stage lung cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|